Monday, August 25, 2008

Ask Old Wise One

Back on August 10th, I suggested an "Ask Me" article and asked for questions. Several readers responded.

James in Hot Springs asked: "How do I determine who is the best person to vote for?"
OWO: That's an important question James. My short answer would be to look at all the issues and choose the candidate whom you agree with the most. Never let a single issue determine your vote. As it gets closer to the fall election date I am going to do an article on this topic, so stay tuned. Thanks for asking.

Jacob in New Orleans asked: "I am a Tulane student. All my friends have student loans. Should I borrow money for my education."
OWO: I don't think it is a good idea to start out your independent life in the hole, especially when you have no idea what your future annual income will be. It is easy to run up a ton of money in loans which payment is deferred until you leave school. Let's say your borrowed money brings a monthly payment of $750 when you get out of school. You will have to earn $750 before have a single dollar for yourself. That could smart on most beginning salaries and cause you to drive a clunker, live in a dump and have nothing left over to charm your little lady or support a family. Work your way through school as much as possible. Thanks for asking.

Married Girl in Ms asked: "Is is OK to fake orgasms?"
OWO: Two thoughts. 1) I hope this isn't my wife concealing her identity and 2) I really didn't want this blog to go in this direction. However, in the interest of a readers sanity I will take a stab at this one. I would say no. While your husband is bragging to his golf buddies about being a real Casanova, you are going to live a life disappointment and frustration. I say force him to perform to your needs. You might find some better advice by tuning to the Sex Talk show on the Oxygen Channel on Sunday nights. That little old lady offers some great advice. She even has gadgets to demonstrate her answers. At least that is what I hear from others. Thanks for asking.

That's all I have for now. I hope these answers have helped. Keep the questions coming.

No comments: